Options

Any thoughts on Nashville?

Any thoughts on IT opportunities in Nashville or Atlanta?

Comments

• Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I lived in Nashville for 4 years, moved away in 2012. Not a bad city, terrible traffic, but not as bad as Atlanta. As for IT jobs, I had a hard time finding one that paid well and that was not temp. Dell is located their, but i would stay away at all cost, terrible company to work for.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If I were given the choice of Nashville, or Atlanta, I would take Atlanta in a heart beat. Far more opportunities for jobs and career growth there.

Are there any other areas you would consider? Austin Texas and the Dallas/Ft Worth area are both exploding with IT growth and are both very nice places to live.
  • Options
    overthetopoverthetop Banned Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I went to Nashville to party all the time. I stayed in TN/KY from about 2006-2010. I will say its not the safest city I have ever been to. Just because its the home of "Country Music" means absolutely nothing. Crime does exist..big time. We never went to Nashville without some protection and I am not talking about a pocket knife. I don't care what side of town you're on. I have seen some stuff partying in Nashville. Several fights, ...an associate had his car stolen..I know someone was found dead in a hotel room. Its been a few years maybe things have changed.................I am not saying Nashville is the only place in America with crime.
    P.S. Atlanta isn't the safest place in America either