Options

Security+ Preparation

Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys I'm currently studying for the security+ exam, and I'm about a little more than half way through Darrils book. I do about a chapter a day, and plan to watch the cbtnuggets, and practice with Darrils practice questions online. I was wondering if Feb 24 would be a reasonable date at the pace im currently going?

Comments

• Options
    Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    I would think so. That gives you just under 3 weeks. Just keep hitting those practice questions on Darril's site. I also liked the flash cards. How long have you been studying?
  • Options
    If I only included days I actually studied about 2 weeks within a 3 week time span. I'm hitting it harder now because I finally got the hang of juggling work, school, and studying at the same time. I usually study about 2 hours when I do, or at least to the point when I can still read. Because some times I can only read so much till it feels like I'm forcing myself that's when I stop and take a break.
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Arod95 wrote: »
    ... Because some times I can only read so much till it feels like I'm forcing myself that's when I stop and take a break.

I know exactly what you mean.
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think you are definitely on a pace to do exceptionally well on the exam. The emphasis on enterprise best principles can be a lil dense so giving yourself more time to look at the overall picture can be beneficial.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Arod95 wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm currently studying for the security+ exam, and I'm about a little more than half way through Darrils book. I do about a chapter a day, and plan to watch the cbtnuggets, and practice with Darrils practice questions online. I was wondering if Feb 24 would be a reasonable date at the pace im currently going?

You are the only one that can answer that. Looks good to me though
  • Options
    Thanks guys I'm feeling more reassured I'll be ready since I'm doing good on the practice questions so far. I'll schedule my exam once I get my financial aid money luckily my old instructor can still get me a student voucher so I only have to pay about 190 instead of 302.
  • Options
    orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The 24th is the big Security+ day for me also! I'm doing the same study regime as you, just backwards. Doing the CBT nuggets first, then Darril's book, and devoting the last two weeks to Certmaster and Darril's website with practice questions. He had the 'study package' on sale until feb 2nd..I think it was like 30 bucks for 60 days..I was going to do it closer to the cutoff and completely forgot..now i'm stuck with full priceicon_cry.gif

Best of luck!

-Travis
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • Options
    jimdandy1jimdandy1 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have just completed my A+ and Network+....
    now studying for the Security+ using Pearson Exam Cram SY0-301
    and Weaver's "Guide to Network Defense and Countermeasures" 3rd ed.
    The Exam Cram practice questions helped with the A+ and Network+.... hoping it will do the same for the Security+.
    Feels like a lot more material on this exam than the previous three CompTIA exams I have taken (2 for A+ and 1 for Net+).
    Passed the other three on my first go- and am trying to be optimistic about this next one.

Sure wish the rest you the best- we all seem to going through this...