Outlook and Archiving

xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
Hello All!
My team and I have been asked to come up with an Low Budget (preferably free) outlook email archiving solution. We tested using GFI but it has been a cluster of problems with GFI Support. Anyone have any solution they are currently using and implementing that they would recommend.

I'm trying to look for something scaleable and still manageable from a HelpDesk perspective.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks all

Go TE

Comments

• tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is not free and not really scaleable but I am using a barracuda message archiver appliance and love it. Support is great, and its stupid easy. I've had it for years, looks like the price has gone up a bit. Interested to see what others are using. My enovironment is 200 users fyi.
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    'Cuda support (from my limited use) has always been top notch.
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Leave it in Exchange. Exchange is built to support multi-GB mailboxes and 2013 uses in in-Place Archive or rolling legal hold for compliance. The time-based hold and a retention policy to delete the message after the compliance period are all you need. You may need redesign your Exchange storage to store all the content, but you would need storage for the other solution as well.
  • xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    Thanks for the input all.

As for using Exchange, archiving functionality in Exchange 2010, enterprise CALs need to be in place on top of standard CALs and everyone would need to be on Office Pro or use OWA.

We have a lot of users using Office 2010 standard.

We host email for 5000+ users over a few hosted Exchanges (Exchange 2010)
    Seems like a really expensive solution but still considering it. The most important is really how easy it would be to implement, and manage, not much user education on using it. (Sounds like a dream I know)

Looking into Barracuda Message Archiver to see what thats about.