Cool product by SOPHOS, anyone use them?

CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
So we are looking at buying a security service that is easily manageable and relatively easy to implement for a medium sized client. I have looked for an all-around solution that was from a reputable company and I came across one from SOPHOS called MSP.

Does anyone have any experience with the MSP service or have any experience with SOPHOS products in general?

Seems like a great option for a client that is easy to manage and install. It seems like a scalable security service similar to Amazon AWS where a customer pays for usage and can scale upon need.

http://www.sophos.com/en-us/medialibrary/PDFs/partners/sophos_complete_security_msps_dsna.pdf?la=en

Comments

• xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    I am no where close to a "Security" Expert but I have quite a few clients that we have deployed the UTM 110 device for and so far it has been really smooth and straight forward to implement. I can only speak from a reliability and stability standpoint. Haven't had many calls / tickets regarding performance and or going down.

I cant really speak on a Security standpoint, not my department.....YET!

We have clients moving from SonicWall to this or Watchguard for their Security Device Solution.
    The interface is easy to use and pretty straight forward.

+1 on Sophos from me

Thats all the input I have.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    We had trouble with them 4-5 years ago the way they handled some of the VoIP traffic. I'm sure they have worked these kinks out by now, but I would check to ensure if any of your clients will be be doing any kind of Natting and SIP trunking to thoroughly test them out. This was on firewall's however not managed security.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related