Options

Job Interview 2nd call back? What questions to expect?

SmiliesSmilies Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey there, new to the board glad to be apart of the community! I recently got a call back for a job opportunity at a hotel, to work in their IT sector (fields I applied for were; "Help Desk Technician Lv1" 'Help Desk Technician Lv2" "Network Administrator"). I was informed that during my first interview, which only included basic questions not in reference to my field of study; that during my second interview I will be presented questions to verify or test skills and/or experience. I'm nervous, not so as in I will get the material wrong; but more so nervous as in this is a job that will pave the way to my future endeavors and I don't want to screw it up. So, I'm asking anyone out there for possible ideas on the questions I may receive during this second interview? Thank you! I do appericate any comment I do receive. p.s. Job history - 3yrs xp. as an Systems Administrator.

Comments

• Options
    VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
    I have conducted 2nd interviews.

Know what DHCP is.
    Know what DNS is.
    Know what TCP/IP is.
    Know how to join a domain and what to do if a workstation falls off a domain due to accidental deletion of computer object.
    Know how to troubleshoot internet connection or a DNS issue.
    Know what happens if the DNS server is incorrect or not set.
    Know how to setup Outlook, create PSTs, Load PSTs, and difference between cached mode on or off.
    Know what ping, netstat, tracert do.
    Know how to connect a printer on a print server
    Know how to talk to a customer when troubleshooting something like loose cables or plugs.

They will ask about your troubleshooting methodology or order of how you go about things.
    They will ask about how to deal with an un happy customer or how to handle stressed out users.
    They will ask how you prioritize your work load.

These sound like simple questions, but they will save the hard stuff for a possible 3rd interview if they feel you cant answer simple questions.
    "Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.
  • Options
    swisschris104swisschris104 Member Posts: 109
    ^ I agree with Vinny. The tech questions don't get too hard for a entry level position.

Sometimes you might run into a lab that they setup for you.
  • Options
    SmiliesSmilies Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey, thank you both for the advice, I got the chance to a callback for a second interview, and most if not many of the questions listed by @VinnyCisco were asked; so I wasn't in the hot seat. There were no labs to run through, which was a bit upsetting because I was excited to get my hands on something. Now, it's just a waiting game but in the main time can never stop applying myself, since then I've studied and passed a new cert exam and moving onto another one. Thanks a lot everyone!