Options

What's a good Web-based SSH?

hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
In the past I've used Shell-in-a-Box, but I'm not impressed with it, because the security implementation wasn't straightforward.

Lately, I've decided that I want to remote into my machine from work during the downtime. I looked through the list on wiki. EC2Box caught my attention which seems to be based off KeyBox software. I'm thinking about giving KeyBox a try later when I get home.

Does anyone have a good suggestion that I can use? I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Setup a ssh tunnel or VPN?
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Last night before going in bed so late, I gave KeyBox a shot. I must say I'm very impressed with it. I can set up several open terminals within a compatible browser. The installation was straightforward. Although, I do need to learn how to deploy SSL self-signed certificates, but other than that, I'd highly recommend this. The con is that the terminal font size was too small, and the only workaround I can think of is to change the zoom on the browser.

This is great for someone who doesn't want to or isn't allowed to use SSH client at work. The I.T. wouldn't know if I'm using SSH if everything's being tunneled through the HTTPS protocol. We're allowed to casually surf at work during our downtime.