Options

Aldur and Ahriakin?

EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
What's happened to these two dudes?! Havent seen either of them here for a long time.. Good that people like zoidberg are still around in this part of the forums!
NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com

Comments

• Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was wondering the same thing recently. Hope they're doing OK.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Funnily enough I just dropped by for a visit. Sorry guys had a lot happen at work and home life (Short story: company was bought out and I moved the family back to lovely rainy Ireland). Due to that and a non-compete I've been sidelined from the packet world for over year, I'm so rusty there's pretty much nothing I could have added here, also I've had a lot of catching up to do with family and friends so not even as much of the studying done as I should have. I'm in a bit of a study crunch now actually trying to re-certify the Cisco and Juniper side in the next 2 months or so, that rust is quickly (ish) being scraped away. And I guess I'd better get one of those job thingies and get back on the saddle too, damn RL ;). I can't guarantee I'll be on here more, but these things tend to go in waves so maybe I'll get the forum bug again. I'm always open to PMs if anyone has a direct question though.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Member since 06. You have been fully pardoned. ;)
  • Options
    Great to hear from you again Ahriakin! Now where's Aldur?!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ahriakin wrote: »
    Funnily enough I just dropped by for a visit. Sorry guys had a lot happen at work and home life (Short story: company was bought out and I moved the family back to lovely rainy Ireland). Due to that and a non-compete I've been sidelined from the packet world for over year, I'm so rusty there's pretty much nothing I could have added here, also I've had a lot of catching up to do with family and friends so not even as much of the studying done as I should have. I'm in a bit of a study crunch now actually trying to re-certify the Cisco and Juniper side in the next 2 months or so, that rust is quickly (ish) being scraped away. And I guess I'd better get one of those job thingies and get back on the saddle too, damn RL ;). I can't guarantee I'll be on here more, but these things tend to go in waves so maybe I'll get the forum bug again. I'm always open to PMs if anyone has a direct question though.

Sorry to hear you had a rough go. Hope all is well, and welcome back! To echo the previous post, now where is Aldur?
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks guys, nice to be remembered :). I don't have direct contact with Aldur but it may be the same forum burnout. Not to diminish the importance of this site but it's hard to maintain the same level of commitment for so many years, at least uninterrupted. Hopefully he'll be back when life suits.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Hey everybody,

Sorry for the long absence here, work has become more and more demanding lately and so has family life, second kid is on the way. I've definitely had some serious burnout over the last while (few years) which has left my motivation lacking to jump into these forums. But I'm getting the itch again to get involved, and have for a while, so I do plan to be more active and try to contribute more often.

I'm still working for Juniper inside of the Educational Services business unit and primarily developing courseware, but my duties have expanded to work quite a bit in certification too. Updating and designing exams and what not.

So, expect to see much more of me around here as I try to jump back in and provide help where needed.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Also, glad to see Ahriakin is still kicking around. Sucks to hear about that non-compete thing, but glad to hear that you're getting back in the game. Man, Ireland eh? The wife and I have always wanted to go there. Some day we plan on scheduling a vacation and going out to that part of the world.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    Good to see ya back Aldur! Hopefully you'll have more time as your personal life settles down. Maybe jump into the forums before the impending arrival of your second child and then take it easy after the arrival!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..