Options

lease command not working in packet tracer?

inviziblesoulinviziblesoul Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,
I am trying to configure a router as a DHCP server. The lease command doesnt seem to work in packet tracer?
Can anyone guide me plz.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to the forums! I think you will need to give us a lot more information before we can consider helping you. Possibly show us the configuration your typing and exactly how it is not working. Is what your typing accepted but the wrong thing or rejected. Is this a limit of packet tracer or the router version? Good Luck!
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    googling "packet tracer dhcp lease" comes up with this

How to Configure DHCP in Cisco Router Using Packet Tracer and Gns3 - Router Switch Configuration Using Packet Tracer GNS3
    Few more command We can use, but we can't configure this in packet tracer.

R1(dhcp-config)#netbios-server x.x.x.x 'where x.x.x.x is ip address of netbios server.

R1(dhcp-config)#lease x 'where X is the number it sets the lease time,by default 1 (i.e. one day).

R1(dhcp-config)#ip dhcp excluded address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x 'Range of ip address excluded from the pool it will not be leased to the clients'.

R1(dhcp-config)#ip dhcp excluded address x.x.x.x 'To exclude only one ip address from the range of ip address'.

Looks like it's not supported in packet tracer
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Router(dhcp-config)#?
    default-router Default routers
    dns-server Set name server
    exit Exit from DHCP pool configuration mode
    network Network number and mask
    no Negate a command or set its defaults
    option Raw DHCP options

Yep, lease is not a supported command in PT.