DTE/DCE Crossover flapping

no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
So, I got my lab set up last night and the link between my 2851 and 2610 i'm using a DTE/DCE crossover. I've got everything configured and on both routers the interface is up/up, however every 10 seconds the DTE end shuts down and then comes back up. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas off the top of their head on what could cause this. Or some helpful debugging commands.
A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!

Comments

• HAMPHAMP Member Posts: 163
    Which router did you set the clock?
  • RodneyMcKayRodneyMcKay Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have you checked the connections? Do you have a spare module to test encase it's that?
  • no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I set the clock rate (64000) on the DCE router...I think I have another serial WIC card I can try and swap out. Other than that the only thing I could think of would be trying another cable, which I'd have to order. It's just strange because when I initially set it up, both routers were up/up and I tried to ping from one to the other and that's when I noticed the "line proto s0/0 changed state to down" message. It'll come back up for 10 seconds and then go back down, but this is only on the DTE router...

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

• HAMPHAMP Member Posts: 163
    Since you can't test another cable, try using different slots on the routers to see if problem continues.
  • no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea, I'll give that a shot tonight. I just didn't know if I was missing something obvious lol

• mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What is the report using the sh int <int> tool? How about sh controllers <int>?
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University