Packet Tracer application?

datacenter01010datacenter01010 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone, I'm currently taking a CCNA course to prep for the exam and was thinking about using the Cisco Packet Tracer application available for Android phones. Anyway, i was wondering what your experiences with the application have been and if you'd recommend using it. The LMS for the course I'm currently taking is already very mobile friendly (Blackboard through George Mason University) and I figured that it'd really be complete if I could use Packet Tracer as well.

Anyway, If you could just let me know your opinions and if you found that application was worth your time or not, it'd be super helpful.

Comments

• siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    Cisco Packet Tracer will be well worth your time, especially if you can't get your hands on actual Cisco equipment. Working with Cisco devices virtually will give you some experience with network topology identification, troubleshooting, and the mostly-functional Packet Tracer IOS. Use whatever resource you can to gain a solid understanding of Cisco concepts.
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I few members have looked for ways to study while commuting. Mobile packet tracer would be a great option if it proves to be functional. Even quick glances at the IOS on lunch breaks helps reinforce the learning.