Options

Matt Walker's CEH v8 McGraw Hill Book got errors

NetworkWarrior33NetworkWarrior33 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

As i am reading through Walker's new CEH v8 book, i found very critical misconception and spelling errors. One misconception is the confidentiality in the CIA triad. The author gave a wrong example about confidentiality. He said that user ID and password is by far the most common measure to ensure confidentiality. This is insanely wrong. User ID and password is part of authentication process, which in turn a part of Integrity. We all know that confidentiality is achieved by encryption, not authentication. Authentication is to prove who you are and this is part of Integrity.

Has anyone noticed this?

Spelling errors are not less critical than misconceptions. One critical spelling error i noticed is "CHE". The correct is CEH. :) So if the author spelled the name of the course incorrectly, what else do you expect?

Comments

• Options
    Cora5Cora5 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi NetworkWarrior33,

I'm currently pursuing this certification and purchased both of Matt Walker's study guide and practice test book. I've run across others that have mentioned the same issue. My original thought was to double check each practice test question to verify that it is correct. I've since concluded that this would be a waste of precious time. My approach is in-line with the common approach to tackling this with using a variety of study guides, video's, and practice tests from other resources.
  • Options
    SevarrySevarry Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes and the practice exam definitely has some mistakes, but they are easy to pick out after reading the book and doing some other studying. I still think it's the best exam prep for CEH, but hopefully they'll clean it up soon.
  • Options
    thehayn1thehayn1 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for this!
  • Options
    Neo322Neo322 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Being able to find errors in books and prep questions is good sign you are ready, or have the knowledge needed. Because I used multiple books (sources) it just mixed together in my mind, I tried not to focus in correct text.