Options

Upgrading my PC

2»

Comments

• Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MTciscoguy wrote: »
    I have bought cheap PSU and expensive ones, and never in the last few years have I ran into one that didn't have the standard screw holes in it, I have ran into ones that have additional screw holes for mounting in some morphadite cases, but all of them have the standard pattern. I have purchased some Cooler Master cases that have turned out to be pretty good.

One thing to remember, when you post a thread about upgrading anything in the computer market, at best you will be more confused when you are done than when you start, because there is so many things you can buy and so many opinions out there!

icon_rolleyes.gif

I was trying to state that with the prebuilt computers, many manufacturers, will have all of the parts assembled either in house or outsourced, but they'll change around small things to ensure that the general aftermarket parts are non-compatible and ensure their users come back to them for parts & service. If you purchased a stock ATX PSU from Fry's or something, then it'll use the standard ATX PSU screw hold down pattern, but, it may not be compatible with your HP prebuilt tower's PSU slot. that being said, it should fit any standard ATX case from any manufacturer.
  • Options
    mr.comfortablymr.comfortably Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you all for the knowledge!
    I have read everyone's comments and will take it all into account.
    You have all really saved me tons of trouble, future trouble, finances, time, energy
    and I really appreciate it!

Thank you

Patrick