Options

Wish there were more companies like this

Techguru365Techguru365 Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
Check this out if you are in the ATL area. Almost makes me want to move.

Entry Level Cisco Engineer
Apply Now

ADCAP

Permanent

Date posted: Yesterday

ARE YOU READY TO BEGIN YOUR CISCO ENGINEERING CAREER? INTERVIEWS STARTING IN MAY 2015!
• Are you frustrated without experience, companies won’t even give you a shot to break into this exciting industry?
• Are you a looking for a TRUE No experience required job at a fast growing high-tech company that specializes in the latest and greatest technologies available?
• Are you looking for tech experience at a company that treats you like an adult but let’s you have fun like a kid?
• Does joining the 2013 Cisco Partner of the Year (Southern Region) appeal to you?
• Are you open to relocation to Atlanta, GA the tech center of the South?

Then great to meet you, we are Adcap Network Systems a Cisco Gold Partner adding to our growing team!

WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The Entry Level Cisco Engineer will be given PAID training and broad exposure to several key areas including voice, datacenter and route/ switch. They will be working with a wide range of cutting edge technology products including Cisco, NetApp, Nexenta, and more. You’ll be contributing to the daily business by solving customers’ technical problems and getting valuable experience for your professional development.

WHO WILL YOU GET TO WORK WITH?
Working directly with the VP of Engineering and our Solutions Architects, you’ll get to ride along and meet successful tech professionals to learn how they got where they are! On our team we have multiple CCIEs and even two DUAL-CCIEs! You will be creating solutions alongside these seasoned veterans. Additionally, you will have training from the Director of Talent Management.

YOUR CAREER PATH
Our career path includes training and development programs to launch your Engineering career from the ground up.
1) Technical Apprentice / Entry Level Engineer (no certifications required; we pay for you to get certifications!)
2) Junior Engineer
3) Deployment Engineer
4) Pre-Sales Engineer (optional track)

WHO SHOULD APPLY?
We are open to candidates from all backgrounds and majors.

You should be...
• Someone with no or limited experience looking to break into the lucrative field IT engineering
• Have a solid Networking and Route/Switch foundation knowledge
• BONUS if you have Cisco specific Route/Switch knowledge
• BONUS if you have Cisco Voice experience or training
• Intelligent and able to multi-task
• Proficient in learning new technologies
• Outgoing and personable
• Self-motivated and a go-getter

WHAT ABOUT THE ADCAP ADVANTAGES?
Instead of looking for an entry level job with little to no training or upside, come to a company that provides you the opportunity to get to the outside. Most entry-level jobs don’t give you an opportunity to rub elbows with senior management and see the inner workings of a company. Not only do you get the opportunity to build real skills and get great resume fodder, you also have access to some of these great perks of working at ADCAP…
• Base salary based on your experience, education and certifications (W2 position; not a contract!)
• Technical trainings and CCNA/CCNP certification at NO COST to you, as well as soft skill training
• Eligible for cash prizes and bonuses for exceptional work
• Opportunity for continued education through conferences, classes and internal training
• Free Starbucks coffee, sodas, juices, water, and a variety of snacks!
• Plus, homemade cookies!
• Fun work environment with a ping pong table, basketball hoop, and social events like trivia night, bowling, and pool parties
• And more!

After the 90 days completion of the PAID Training program, you are offered:
• Great Pay with Bonuses!
• Aggressive salary based on your experience and skills
• PLUS, Bonus Potential – if you go above and beyond, you should be rewarded!
• Health Insurance
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
• Tax-free flexible medical spending account available
• Life insurance, short term and long term disability
• Planning for Your Future
• 401k plans with company matching programs
• Opportunity for continued education through conferences, classes, and internal training
• Certifications paid by Adcap!
• We prefer to promote from within, so we invest in our team!
• Work/Life Balance
• Nine Paid Holidays
• 10 PTO days with increasing PTO annually
• Unlimited PTO after five years
• Flexible hours with reasonable bosses!
• Paid monthly volunteer hours for charity
• Plus, the company matches your charity donations
• Fun work environment with a ping pong table, basketball hoop, and corn hole
• Social events like BBQs on Fridays, trivia night, bowling, and Family Days at Lake Lanier
• The Latest Technologies
• Company-provided iPhone and Lenovo Carbon X1 ultrabook
• Lab environments with cutting edge Cisco technologies
• Extra Perks
• Free Starbucks coffee, sodas, juices, water, a variety of snacks
• Plus, homemade cookies!
• President’s Club in the Caribbean open to all team members – not just sales!
• And more!

Comments

• Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    that sounds awesome!
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've seen companies treat interns like gold, but "candidates from all backgrounds and majors" is news to me.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've seen this in S. Florida without mention of Atlanta. I wonder what it really is. Sort of seems too good to be true.
    Perhaps, it just collects a bunch of peoples info for recruiters. icon_rolleyes.gif
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    unfbilly11unfbilly11 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What's sad is that companies that ACTUALLY do this kind of stuff and have this kind of work environment are so few and far between that I am super suspicious when I do see posts like this. My first thought is: "This is fake".
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have never seen a job posting like that. Sounds too good to be true. Wish they had something like that here PA metro area
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    Phileeeeeeep651Phileeeeeeep651 Member Posts: 179 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Saw the same listing on a job board in my area. For 24 hours I seriously thought about relocating to ATL. Looks like a pretty sweet deal!
    Working on: CCNP Switch
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you guys serious, I thought this was a joke. There must be a catch this sounds too good to be true, this is what is to a passionate sports athlete getting that opportunity to finally represent his/her country in one of the biggest world wide sporting event, an IT noob couldn't wish for a better opportunity than this one.

I definitely smell a rat with this one.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've been to their offices, so I know what it looks like. They have a pretty big datacenter lab for testing. I'm sure their engineers are paid well. They must be doing pretty well with their markup on professional services, because the offices are pretty fancy and nice in general.

They're not doing anything different than a lot of other partners (paid training, lab environments, bonuses, company gatherings, etc), they are just marketing themselves well.

I've found a lot of their engineers to be incompetent, but that's not unique to them either.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My company offers almost all of that + unlimited PTO from day one. It's awesome.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    It looks great on paper but as Zartanasaurus said they aren't doing anything different than other partners. The company I work for offers a number of perks above AdCap, and we don't require our engineers to maintain a specific utilization rate to keep their job.

In fairness I've worked with many of their Engineers... I've even stolen a few to come work for my company icon_smile.gif
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    AdcapNetworkSystemsAdcapNetworkSystems Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Brad Wilkins here; I can tell you the job and company are very real. We are a Cisco Gold DVAR and have won Cisco Partner of the Year, Top Workplace in Atlanta and more.

To clarify a few things, I am not aware of very many partners who will hire someone with zero years of experience and offer paid training, mentorship and hands-on experience. If you know specific partners who are doing that, please post their names so people can apply there also. I wish every partner would do this and send the resumes candidates we don't select to my friends in HR at other companies. But they usually reply the managers won't even interview someone without experience.

rsutton, no surprise that you have better benefits in San Franscisco! I always joke and call most of our stuff "west coast benefits" because things like free snacks/drinks, social outings, etc haven't fully made it to the East coast.

Joe Soffer, (down77), we don't have any utilization requirements to keep their job here either. I see you're at Dynamix Group. Who from Adcap is over there? I've only been at Adcap two years and nobody I know left here to go there. But hopefully the guys that came over are doing well for you.

Anyway, if you ever have any specific questions don't hesitate to reach out. My email is bwilkins@adcapnet.com and my linkedin is www.linkedin.com/in/bradfordwilkins

Look forward to meeting you,

Brad Wilkins
    Vice President, Talent Management
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I found a job ad for them saying the same job description in a city by me. Wonder if that is actually here in Minnesota or not though... (doubting since the company is Atlanta)