Options

Nerve Wrecking Situation (sort of..)

Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
I applied for a part-time job to work as an IMAC tech on doing moves, installs and disconnect back in July 2014. I met the PM and in the meeting, he mentioned that there is a chance that work won't be available for 3 or even 8 months (bummer). Since it may be that long, I applied for another IT job (full-time since the other P/T) but it's been on halt since Sept of last year. So even though it haven't been 8 months, I decided to call the P/T job earlier this month which made 7 months (I didn't contact them after a month or so, because they may use that as a reason to not give me work after stating there may not be work available).

So I speak to the recruiter and told me to come in. I arrive and found out there are several other people there also waiting instructions on moves and installs (Ouch!). Afterwards, the recruiter said the PM can't make it and everyone is hired for tomorrow's moves at 3 pm, which was odd. So tomorrow comes and I called the recruiter for further instructions and said he will get back in contact with me. About 15 minutes later, he calls my house phone instead of my cell phone (which I called earlier from) and says, that "I have to change my voice message greeting because he hear rap music being played and clients don't want to hear that". I'm wondering to myself and then I asked him which number did he called and gave me the current number he had on file. I called my cell phone and behold, there was no “music” on my voice mail. I even called my old number, which I provided to them when I got “hired” and it was also a standard voice mail greeting. Personally, I don’t know what to make sense of this but I just think he doesn’t want me to work there.

Before the end of that conversation, he said that he will the PM give me a call for work. Since then, I never heard from him again nor has we returned my message. Could this be the case that he may think I am a bad fit for the organization and don’t want to hire me? Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Comments