Options

Endorsement Question

skerkmannskerkmann Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been working at the same company for 14 years in the same IT Manager position. I have completed many projects over the 14 years that I think qualify for professional experience in the ISC2 domains. Each of the projects could be 3 – 12 months in duration but some of them overlap in time. Is it possible to count each project duration in months even though they overlap in time ? Many of the projects involve activities in multiple domains. How does one record that ? For example setting up identity management system (Access Management Domain) with a lot of encryption technologies utilized (Cryptography Domain)

Any advice appreciated !

Stephen

Comments

• Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You've probably locked doors as well: Physical Security. Have you planned for an outage or business move? BCP/DRM comes to play. The ISC2 has never been particularly picky about your experience just that you can reasonable defend the argument without being completely absurd. Keep it reasonable and the ISC2 will turn a blind eye to all but the most absurd assertions.

Enjoy the test.

- beads
  • Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    Sounds like you have more than enough experience.
    You need a minimum of 5 years exp. in at least two seperate domains.

Makes it easier for the endorser if you break down the timeline of the projects specifically and then count the number of months or years you spent on that project and what domains you claim as expereince.

On my endorsement resume, I listed several references at each employer , supervisors- managers, along with their phone numbers for verification and the number of months experience for each domain.
    Was a pain in the butt because I had to track people down that haven't talked to in years.

Makes it easier for the endorser to call your referrences and then verify the number of years experience meet or exceed the 5 years.
  • Options
    sponge2sponge2 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You need 5 years work experience involving at least two domains.
    Based on your description it seems like you have enough work experience.
    You don't have to break down each and every project you worked on.
    Besides your manager should be able tother validate your work.
  • Options
    skerkmannskerkmann Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sounds like I don't have to worry about any overlap in time and that I should briefly document my projects and have someone to validate them..Thnaks for your replies everyone !!

Stephen