Options

Just passed CISSP Exam

heathrenfrowheathrenfrow Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,
I wanted to post to mainly say thank you to all that have shared their experience and what avenues worked best for them. I live out of my home state during the week, so I do a 18 hours of driving each week back and forth to my work state and home state. During that time, I took advantage of the Shon Harris .mp3 downloads on the McGraw site, and just listen to them on the drive back and forth, this was a great way to reinforce reading the AIO.

Total Study time: 4 hours a day, 7 days a week for a month + 1 week.
Study Material:

AIO (read once, listen to .mp3 downloads on phone from McGraw site) (if you spend time in a car at all, use it)
McGraw questions (useful)
Total Tester (most useful)
Sunflower pdf (good overview, studied it night before test)
CISSP notes mentioned in previous posts (60+ pages) (used this as a review tool week leading up to test)
https://www.skillset.com/ (CISSP) - I found this to be in the weeds at times, but was a different question base (helpful)

This is from my view, but I found Shon Harris is all I needed for this exam, listening to the .mp3 to reinforce what I read, and taking test, after test, after test. I simulated exams, printed results, studied up on weak areas, repeat, until I got to the point where I had every question on the total tester down. I finished with all the questions in 80 minutes, went back on about 15 flagged questions, and clicked submit test right at the two hour mark.

Like I said, I dedicated a ton of time the last month to this, mainly because I drive so much, and I found the test to be simple, it isn't, but I was beyond prepared.

I would not have been ready for this test without this forum, and greatly appreciate all on here.

Package is all done now, sending off in the morning! icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your CISSP exam, and welcome to the club!
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job and hope the endorsement goes smoothly. I knew someone who passed just by reading the AIO. I couldn't stomach it but everyone has their own way ;)
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    jensmith592jensmith592 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    seigexseigex Member Posts: 105
    Congrats, now get that endorsement in and join the waiting club!
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.