Options

70-680 Passed

Smilodon31Smilodon31 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Fellaz,

I have just passed the 70-680 recently, but just passed with a score of 700 exactly. How lucky is that ? Boy was I relieved. icon_cheers.gif hehe!!

I had a lot of questions on VHD's and branchcache and the last few questions were on backup and restore.

Moving on to the 70-685 now.

Comments

• Options
    Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Lucky is an understatement. A pass is a pass.
    Good on ya.
  • Options
    True.
    Thanks Man.
  • Options
    NoMar02NoMar02 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gongratz! I also passed 70-680 last week with score 783.
  • Options
    BucklesBuckles Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    NoMar02 and buckles , thanks a lot fellaz.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ibn_shaddadibn_shaddad Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats dude

I'm going to start studying for that right away after I write my A+ 220-802 exam that is tomorrow.

How can you compare between the two, 220-802 and 7-680?
    any thing that can help is really appreciated :)

thanks in advance
    Working on: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec, Security+
    Learning: Python, C and C++
  • Options
    Thanks CCNP Ninja.
    Ibn Shaddad thanks man.
    The 70-680 requires you to know server 2008 , so before i started the actual course I studied a bit about server 2k8 and familiarized myself with it. You will also need at least one server 2k8 r2 for your labbing.
    I used the microsoft book , and for video training I used professor messer and cbt nuggets by James Conrad. I also found tech net very helpful.
    As for labbing, I used vmware and had 1 server as Domain controller , dns, dhcp and wds and two windows 7 machines , one as a reference PC and the other as a technician's pc.
    You will need to do a lot of labbing to really understand the concepts. Finally, a week before the exam I got the measure up exams and practiced a lot in study mode as it provides explanations for the answers.
    Good like with your A+ Exam.
  • Options
    diskosdiskos Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ibn_shaddadibn_shaddad Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Smilodon31 wrote: »
    Thanks CCNP Ninja.
    Ibn Shaddad thanks man.
    The 70-680 requires you to know server 2008 , so before i started the actual course I studied a bit about server 2k8 and familiarized myself with it. You will also need at least one server 2k8 r2 for your labbing.
    I used the microsoft book , and for video training I used professor messer and cbt nuggets by James Conrad. I also found tech net very helpful.
    As for labbing, I used vmware and had 1 server as Domain controller , dns, dhcp and wds and two windows 7 machines , one as a reference PC and the other as a technician's pc.
    You will need to do a lot of labbing to really understand the concepts. Finally, a week before the exam I got the measure up exams and practiced a lot in study mode as it provides explanations for the answers.
    Good like with your A+ Exam.

thanks man, already passed A+ few days ago.

and very thanks for info, much appreciated. Never knew Windows server is involved!
    Working on: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec, Security+
    Learning: Python, C and C++
  • Options
    howdoidothathowdoidothat Banned Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
    Congratulations Ibn shaddad on the A+ Pass. As for the server part , you don't have to have in depth knowledge of it, just enough for the labs and some lesson exercises.
  • Options
    ArrmanasArrmanas Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, Smilodon31 ..... I hope to pass that too!
  • Options
    Thanks Arrmanas.
    Good luck with the exam.
  • Options
    JC2294JC2294 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass. When you pass the 70-685 do you plan on taking the upgrade exam for the MCSA: Windows 8?
  • Options
    JC2294 wrote: »
    Congratulations on the pass. When you pass the 70-685 do you plan on taking the upgrade exam for the MCSA: Windows 8?
    Thanks JC2294, yes I do intend to take the exam. Hopefully, I pass the 70-685 the first time. I am not sure I will be ready for it before the 31st.