Options

Passed ICND2!

Glyphic83Glyphic83 Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed ICND2 today with 920. Thank you to everyone who participates in this forum, it's been an amazingly helpful resource.

For anyone else preparing for CCNA, here are the resources I used and my take on them:

Wendell Odom's ICND1 and 2 books
As others have said here, Odom's books tend to be a bit dry compared to some of the other writers of Cisco material. They can sometimes be a little hard to get through. But, they are quite thorough and provide a good understanding of the material if you can make it through without gouging your eyes out with a hot iron.

Boson ExSim and NetSim
Boson material is pretty expensive. I don't think it's necessary, but if you can spare the money their software is definitely very helpful. I was fortunate enough to have an employer that covered the cost. Boson practice exams are a bit more difficult than the real ICND 1 and 2, from my experience.

Cisco Learning Network Premium Subscription
I can't recommend this highly enough. For $11/month Cisco provides access to a substantial amount of additional content. The video series on OSPF, STP, and EIGRP were a huge help. Buying this subscription is what took me from "Ok, I think I get it" on these topics to "yes, I understand". In my opinion you get way more bang for your buck with this than most other resources.

Comments

• Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your CCNA!icon_thumright.gif
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    illuminusilluminus Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to go! Working on ICND2 right now! Plan on taking it in about 2 months or maybe next month.
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your CCNA!
  • Options
    Glyphic83Glyphic83 Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats! great job!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown