Options

Taking the exam at the end of the month, status check.

wyntechwyntech Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, another lurker here, thanks for posting all of your stories and comments.

I am taking the CISSP exam at the end of March

Here's how my studying has been going so far. For reference I've been in IT as a sysadmin/IT Manager for 10 years.
  • took the official ISC2 instructor led training last year then took a break because of other commitments
  • starting in January resumed studying with the Infosec Institute's self paced training
  • I've been doing a domain a week, watching the videos and taking notes, making flashcards
  • follow up by reading the AIO chapters, and googling anything I am still fuzzy on
  • 1-2 hours a night of studying and/or quizzes on CCCure, Transcender, Skillset and 2-4 hours a day on the weekend
  • listening to the Shon Harris audio on the way to and from work
  • watched a few of the CBTnugget videos
  • skimmed Conrad's full book and read 11th hour
  • have done additional practise tests on the McGraw-Hill site and Total tester
  • will be taking the week off before the test (on a Saturday) to dedicate to studying
I know it's not the same, but I've done 2 of the full 250 question Transcender exams and I got 88% on both.

Unlike some of the other certs I've taken, this one still has a way of making you feel like you don't know anything but I think that's just because it skims the surface of so many topics. I do find myself able to either answer questions now without seeing the options, or at least work through eliminating them.

Does anyone have any other advice? Or do you think I've prepared well enough?

Thanks in advance and good luck to anyone else that's writing soon!

Comments

• Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    Sounds like you are on point. Concentrate on the concepts of the domains.
    It's wise to build up your stamina. The test is long and mentally draining.
    Don't study the day before the test. Rest, relax go see a movie or whatever you do to unwind.
    Get a good night sleep the day before and remember to answer like a manager.
    Good luck !