Options

Passed CISSP this week

mn2015mn2015 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the CISSPtwo weeks ago. Thank you to several folks on this forum that have providedtheir advice/suggestions.

Below is some infothat those who are planning or currently studying for the CISSP may finduseful.
  • I studied for a total of five weeks.
  • In those five weeks I studies 6 hours per weekday and 3 hours on the weekend (was not employed during this time as I am in between consulting assignments)
  • I have about 12 years' experience in IT and Infosec. Six years in software development and about six years in network/endpoint security.

Material I used(rating based on a total of five stars - amazon style):
  • CBT Nugget Videos (good brief overview, 4.5 stars)
  • Shon Harris 6th edition AIO book (excellent and best resource, 5 stars)
  • Official CISSP CBK Review Seminar, student handbook 12th edition (4 stars, borrowed this from a person who took a week long classroom training)
  • Eric Conrad 11th hour book (four stars)
  • Sunflower pdf (five stars)

Shon Harris, RIP. Thank you for your contributions toinfosec.

The book by Shon isvery thorough and detailed. You may need this level of detail for a few or allthe chapters. I read the Crypto and Telecom chapters in their entirety. Thedetails could be pretty boring in the book. The CISSP exam is not easy and you wouldneed to have detailed understanding as the questions can be tricky (need tounderstand the slight nuances to pick the correct answer). For other chapters Iskimmed through this book and read the 'quick notes' at end of each of thechapter several times.

After reading ShonH. book take the quiz at the end of each of her chapter. If you find yourselfscoring 80%+ then you can mark that CBK complete and only review it prior tothe exam. I also used test bank that came with Shon's book.

Thank you to thosewho have contributed to this forum and good luck to those are planning ontaking the exam!

Other resources thatI found useful:

CISSP exam day tips:
CISSP For Dummies **** Sheet - For Dummies

Excellent approachon how to pass the exam (thanks montie2)
http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/96463-passed-cissp-5-weeks.html

Finally, thank youJDMurray for your comments/suggestions throughout this forum.

Comments