Messed up with my career... Pls help

FrustratedFrustrated Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Friends,

I am employed with a IT Firm 'A' since 5 months and I am on bench since then. This is my second company. I got an offer from another organization in between these 5 months, but I rejected that offer, thinking that I will get good work in my present company 'A' (which was my biggest mistake). Now I got another offer and joining is on next week. So I have decided to resign from my current organization 'A'. I will be resigning from my current organization only just 5 days before the joining with compamy 'B'. My new employer 'B' doesn't knows about this present company 'A', as I haven't mentioned this on my resume while interviewing with company 'B'. But I am not that much interested with this new company 'B', and I am taking up this job only for the reason that I dont have any other option, otherwise more than 6 months gap will come into my profile. Also I am not sure if I will get relieving letter from my present company 'A' in short notice (3 months notice period). Again I have a probation period of 6 months with the new company 'B'. So is it a good move that I should continue my search after joining the new company 'B' without having relieving letters from company 'A' ? If so, will my future employer trust that I was on bench for so long months? Please reply friends..

Comments

• FrustratedFrustrated Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please reply...
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Is this how you normally communicate? My advice to you is to learn how to communicate effectively. Your post is a complete mess. People can't help you if they can't understand you.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    I believe I've seen a similar thread before from you. You are being OVERLY DRAMATIC with your THREAD TITLE: Messed up my career etc...My advice is to join Company B and not look back.
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    I agree wit @dave330i. If you are unable to communicate effectively, how are you going to be able to succeed in an industry where communication is ever so import?

Saying that, let the current employer of your work experience. That's what counts in this situation. If you've done a good job at the company, let the future employer know that.
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am sorry but I had a hard time understanding your post. I agree with others about the communication.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Communication issue aside, I am the only one who has never read of a relieving letter?
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    This is what I found out about a relieving letter:

Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • FrustratedFrustrated Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Itrimble wrote: »
    This is what I found out about a relieving letter:

Thanks... this was of great help
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    If the company does not issue a relieving letter then your resignation was not accepted and you will remain an employee of that company until they issue you the letter - WOW.

Living in India must suck eggs.
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you're working out of India, you should seek advice from an India based forum. Majority of us are based in US and can't help you.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • robSrobS Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My eyes are bleeding.
  • EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sudden headache.
  • robSrobS Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I actually tried to rewrite the OP so I could understand what you were talking about, but gave up after the first two sentences.

My advice:

1. Pick a job you want and apply for it.
    2. Declare all employment - even if on the bench.
    3. Be able to explain what you did whilst on the bench: study, read whitepapers, start a blog, contact your new colleagues to help with ad-hoc work
    4. Always be in a position where an HR department can confirm you worked for them, even if on the bench.
  • mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    Glad I don't work in india. Never heard of a place that won't let someone work two jobs and not get another job unless their employer allows it.

Think I spoke to that guy on a tech call earlier this week. ;)
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    a^2 + b^2 = c^2

Company C!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It's bad. But not too bad if English isn't the guy's native language.

It's reminiscent of every time I ever called Comcast support.

OK, maybe it's bad.