Options

Hiring Managers, How do you feel when you see a resume more than once?

jaycrewzjaycrewz Member Posts: 51 ■□□□□□□□□□
I applied to what I thought would be a really good gig last month. Its close to home, something to get my foot in the door IT wise, a small outfit, with decent benefits, good scope of work, and good time off.

I never heard anything from them, and saw the job pop up again today. Im going to apply again because it cant hurt to try again...but Im wondering what hiring managers think when they recognize a resume they previously looked over.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    I have never had this come across my desk so far twice in the same line of work but I would say maybe you are better off calling and trying to talk to someone about the position rather than just applying again? You are already in the system (I'd think) now the goal is to get a hold of someone to meet about it if you qualify.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good question. I'd like to know about this too. My most recent interview situation was when 2 different recruiters contacted me for the same job offering. I had gone already in the interview and told the 2nd recruiter the truth that I was already interviewing for the position. I was a little surprised in a good way, but apparently both recruitera were wrong as I didn't get the job lol.
  • Options
    robSrobS Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Go through CV and covering letter / application with a fine-toothed comb and make sure it's perfect, then apply again. You may have been discarded because of a typo or something stupid.

I once had the same CV presented 3 times in 2 months from 3 different agencies. The CV was 10 pages long, and it wasn't until the third agency summary of the person that I actually bothered reading past the first page and found he was possibly worth a phone interview. He didn't get past the phone interview stage as he couldn't get to the point if his life depended on it. I should have taken the hint from a 10 page CV.

*even if an interview is described as an informal chat, treat it as a formal interview, even if it's in the pub with beers
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    robS wrote:
    Go through CV and covering letter / application with a fine-toothed comb and make sure it's perfect, then apply again. You may have been discarded because of a typo or something stupid.

Been a while, but if (or when) I would have a repeat come through, I would glace again and if the same errors appeared it would be placed in the 'no' bin again. I usually recognize names and history info so even when things were changed, if the candidate just didn't have what I was looking for, they'd again be passed over. Sometimes there is nothing a person can do, sometimes there is.

If it bugs you, you may just place a phone call to follow-up, it may be as simple as not having followed-up the last time.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?