jncia-junos passed!

cablagecablage Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just took the jncia exam this morning and passed, really happy about it- :) I always like hearing what people used for studying and found it encouraging when others passed, so I'm doing the same.

I already had my CCNA-R&S which helped out a lot, but here is what I used to study:

Junos-Genius app (all the time, for the past 3 months)
the 2 PDFs from Juniper's website
I also used olive running on virtualbox, which was really great as it helps learning syntax
CBT nuggets JNCIA (michael shannon) - these were ok, though I think you don't really need these to pass. Juniper gives enough info on their site with the PDFs and videos (one video in particular is geared toward those with cisco knowledge, which was great).
I had the Junos for Dummies book on my kindle app. Though I'm not sure this is necessary for passing the exam, I do feel it was worth it as the goal isn't just the exam but getting the knowledge and (hopefully) putting it to use.

Good luck everyone with your Juniper studies! I can't wait to keep learning more!
2018 Goals:
CCNP R&S: SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ]
JNCIS-ENT [X]
CWNA [ ]

Comments

• Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass!
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I had mine scheduled for tomorrow but gave myself another week to prep. What's next? Another Juniper cert? Cisco?
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • cablagecablage Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks! Not sure what I'm doing next. I'm thinking to start studying linux, not for a cert, just to progress.
    I really want to continue with Juniper. I'm hoping to get a hold of a juniper ex4200 to connect with a cisco router and switch I currently have. Right now I think I need more practice and hands-on practice. I'll likely go for the JNCIS-ENT , but again I know I'm going to need some practice so that my knowledge isn't just based on PDFs and reading.
    2018 Goals:
    JNCIS-ENT [X]
    CWNA [ ]
    Arod95 wrote: »
    Congratulations on your pass!
    Thanks! I noticed you have CWNA listed in your certs. Is this something you'd recommend? I was looking at it recently but felt undecided about it.
    2018 Goals:
    JNCIS-ENT [X]
    CWNA [ ]
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @cablage overall CWNA helped me a lot with understanding wireless technologies more in depth. But I don't know if I'll renew it or continue. I did the certification for school, but I did enjoy the material. Haven't seen it on any job postings, but it's a great vendor neutral cert. I'd recommend it if you want see more of what the wireless side is like without having to take a vendor specfic cert.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ccie14023ccie14023 Member Posts: 183
    I recommend Junosphere for practice as well. For the JNCIS get the courseware straight from Juniper if you can afford it.
    thanks guys!
    2018 Goals:
    JNCIS-ENT [X]
    CWNA [ ]