Options

IT jobs in Colorado

oxymoron5koxymoron5k Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all, I will be moving to Colorado shortly. My girlfriend has decided to go to school there which I am very excited about. We do not have a specific city in mind yet since she will have to wait a year for school. Eventually we will move to Fort Collins most likely. I was just curious if anyone knew how the IT field was in Colorado and if anyone had any advice for me.

Current Job- IT Generalist (Mom and Pop shop that helps small business's. Also an ISP for 200 people.)

1 1/2 years experience with this job being my first in IT.

Certs:
A+
N+

Comments

• Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I live and work in Denver and at least in this area, the job market seems pretty solid (not sure about Fort Collins area). You should easily be able to get any kind of help desk job or NOC job I would think.
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    I have family out there and have visited many a times for work and leisure, from what i've seen the job market is solid. Your biggest issue may be cost of living, a lot of the jobs may be in the downtown metro area for first level support - but the cost of living in the area is pretty high in comparison to other cities.
  • Options
    5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Look at Colorado Springs, there is supposed to be a bit of an IT hub there for several large businesses.
  • Options
    JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195
    5ekurity wrote: »
    Look at Colorado Springs, there is supposed to be a bit of an IT hub there for several large businesses.

There are a few military installations in that area as well.
  • Options
    Awesome news! Thanks for the insight guys!
  • Options
    PolynomialPolynomial Member Posts: 365
    Is the Stargate program still running? Tons of tech jobs there!
  • Options
    anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    I just went to DICE.COM. I type in location FORT COLLINS CO. Shows about 40 IT jobs.
  • Options
    Polynomial wrote: »
    Is the Stargate program still running? Tons of tech jobs there!

What is this?
  • Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    oxymoron5k wrote: »
    What is this?

I think you can read that as sarcasm. Heh. Poster is talking about the tv series Stargate SG-1.