W2 for endorsement?

MideMide Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I just passed my SSCP today. I'll do a write-up on the experience later, but for now I have to get this endorsement thing taken care of. How are people "proving past employment"? I still have my offer letters from a few of my past jobs and W2s from old taxes, but some companies I worked for no longer exist or I don't have the contact information of my previous managers. What are you guys sending into ISC2 besides the filled out form and resume?

Additionally...since the SSCP only requires 1 year, should I just submit my current job (2+ years in) where I have the experience necessary or should I still go through my whole resume in detail? Seems like overkill if they only need 1 year.

Comments

  • TheFORCETheFORCE Senior Member Member Posts: 2,298 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mide wrote: »
    So I just passed my SSCP today. I'll do a write-up on the experience later, but for now I have to get this endorsement thing taken care of. How are people "proving past employment"? I still have my offer letters from a few of my past jobs and W2s from old taxes, but some companies I worked for no longer exist or I don't have the contact information of my previous managers. What are you guys sending into ISC2 besides the filled out form and resume?

    Additionally...since the SSCP only requires 1 year, should I just submit my current job (2+ years in) where I have the experience necessary or should I still go through my whole resume in detail? Seems like overkill if they only need 1 year.

    Send them your current most up-to-date resume. Under every job section just put a contact person and their information, email, phone number. ISC2 will make the decision on based on your most recent experience that qualifies you for the certificate. If your past 2 years qualifies you, then that's what they will look. Also, on your resume, remove any positions that are not relevant to SSCP, they do not care about those. Only for positions that are related to the SSCP domains.
  • dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    I asked the same question and ISC2 said if your current role satisfies the requirement then that is all the information they need. I wrote custom CVs for both my SSCP and CISSP.
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity


    Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • MideMide Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. So did you guys include any other documentation besides the thorough Resume and fully filled out sheet?
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Senior Member Member Posts: 2,298 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mide wrote: »
    Thanks. So did you guys include any other documentation besides the thorough Resume and fully filled out sheet?

    I only send my resume and the endorsement form, but eventually they asked me for my bachelor's degree. If you have a degree, make a copy and include that on your paperwork too. It will speed up the process. It took an extra day for me because I send the additional information they requested the same day.
  • MideMide Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    I only send my resume and the endorsement form, but eventually they asked me for my bachelor's degree. If you have a degree, make a copy and include that on your paperwork too. It will speed up the process. It took an extra day for me because I send the additional information they requested the same day.

    Yes I do have degrees...will send transcripts then as well. Thank you.
Sign In or Register to comment.