Subnetting before starting CCENT

ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
Next week I start studying for my CCENT. Is it assumed that you already have subnetting down pat before starting to study for CCENT? Or do you pick that up during the process of learning CCENT? I bought the Chris Braynt CCNA video set as well as his corresponding ebooks. In addition to that I got his Mastering Binary Math and Subnetting ebook. Is it best to go through the subnettng book first?
2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!

Comments

• Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I suggest following along during your studies. Learn of basics/fundamentals first, then when you hit the chapter regarding subnetting, read it and take notes and practice, practice, practice.
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    the easiest way to subnet imo

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/38772-subnetting-made-easy.html

subnetting is something you learn while studying for the icnd1. Should be a chapter on it if your reading a book for the test.
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    the easiest way to subnet imo

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/38772-subnetting-made-easy.html

subnetting is something you learn while studying for the icnd1. Should be a chapter on it if your reading a book for the test.

Thanks, I will checkout that link. In his ICND1 book, he has subnetting as the very last chapter.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    ssnyderu2 wrote: »
    Next week I start studying for my CCENT. Is it assumed that you already have subnetting down pat before starting to study for CCENT? Or do you pick that up during the process of learning CCENT? I bought the Chris Braynt CCNA video set as well as his corresponding ebooks. In addition to that I got his Mastering Binary Math and Subnetting ebook. Is it best to go through the subnettng book first?

It is explained through your CCENT studies. The link given above is a great resource. In addition I have found Jeremy from CBTNuggets way of describing and explaining subnetting to be useful.
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle