Options

Passed the CISSP Exam / 2 Weeks Studying

2»

Comments

• Options
    papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    Bad choice of words on my part. Was just saying it's petty to try to worry about what another man is doing in his career or certs. It's very difficult to enforce having someone lose their CISSP cert on a "forum." My only point.
  • Options
    fullcrowmoonfullcrowmoon Member Posts: 172
    papadoc wrote: »
    Bad choice of words on my part. Was just saying it's petty to try to worry about what another man is doing in his career or certs. It's very difficult to enforce having someone lose their CISSP cert on a "forum." My only point.

Darn it, you just lost your obnoxity points. And now I will stop hijacking this thread before I get reprimanded.
    "It's so stimulating being your hat!"
    "... but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked."
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ChuzpahChuzpah Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GForce75 wrote: »
    No prob man. When are you taking the test. A month is fine, but hopefully your taking by the 14th before it expires. Those audio links are the same audio files you have, so ignore that.

Incidentally I'm taking my exam on the 14th of April (talk about cutting it close) icon_cool.gif

I will post my results here.
  • Options
    GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    good luck brother. push it all in. ignore the world and embrace Shon Harris (haha... i felt like that)
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well GForce75 you will ethically fit in with most IT and faux-security people I have meet.

If your familiar with the origins of many of the "founding fathers" of the industry you'll quickly realize that many (most?) of us came from the intelligence field of the US Government. Civilian and military, both. The movie "Mean girls" looks so amateur when compared to a group of people renown for eating its own young. Security hasn't changed at all in that respect.

Of course, now they just hand you a beret for raising your hand to accept it. LOL. Yes, that's a quip for the ethically challenged.

After all who watches the watchers? Who guards the guards? Massive industry fail as a group of people we are untrustworthy until proven innocent. Proven over and over again, both in my experience in real life and this board. Idea that security people consistently lie has only crystallized the whole idea of the unscrupulous go straight to security myself. icon_thumright.gif

- b/eads
  • Options
    Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    beads wrote: »
    ...If your familiar with the origins of many of the "founding fathers" of the industry you'll quickly realize that many (most?) of us came from the intelligence field of the US Government. Civilian and military, both....

Of course, now they just hand you a beret for raising your hand to accept it. LOL. Yes, that's a quip for the ethically challenged

Perhaps I just lack the intellectual wherewithal to properly grasp the point you're trying to make. So for all us unwashed masses on the low end of the IQ bell curve, can you elaborate? I'm not looking to put words in your mouth but it appears you are lamenting the passing of an era - the good ole' days when the commercial security industry was run by folks with USG backgrounds because unlike folks entering security today, those founding fathers had ethics?

Am I missing something or would have us believe that anyone with a DoD clearance is a paragon of virtue but someone who accidentally lists CISSP before the endorsement process is complete should wear a scarlet letter?
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    LOL BEads, only the paging part of that was directed at you... ;) and I didn't see that you were the actually the first comment on the thread. My bad on that. :)

Lets not confuse myself with the original poster. If you'd like to see my full resume' and/or CV, send me a PM and we can discuss it but I've pretty much been in the security field for decades. LOL.

Personally, I've meet many people who don't even come this close to have been a security practitioner of any sort, let alone had a career in IT, yet still become endorsed as CISSPs. How does this work? It doesn't.

Next interview: "I'm studying for the CISSP..." but he sucks at security. Now, give him a high level position for trying hard.

- b/eads (First initial, last name. Tricky!)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    Its cool. We don't all have to agree on everything ever said on a board. You can tell when criticism hits too close to home when the marginals start to wail and cry foul, now can't ya?

You boys just sit down now and be quiet or you'll be answering to your father when he arrives.

- b/eads
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Its cool. We don't all have to agree on everything ever said on a board. You can tell when criticism hits too close to home when the marginals start to wail and cry foul, now can't ya?

You boys just sit down now and be quiet or you'll be answering to your father when he arrives.

- b/eads

Should you really be drinking before 10am?
  • Options
    Before 10:00AM? Assuming we stopped drinking.

Lamenting a past era? No, not at all. My point being that its ironic that the first generation often complained about those who had access to a published book (Shon Harris' 1st Edition) and how it changed everything. Now there is so much material its difficult for me to fathom anyone not being able to pass the exam. Assuming at least an average intelligence and the ability to learn over time. Making this exam no more difficult, if not easier than most as the information has been pre-digested for you. Pablum if you will. I can point you to any number of much more difficult exams that people pass with normal/average intelligence levels.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Before 10:00AM? Assuming we stopped drinking.

Lamenting a past era? No, not at all. My point being that its ironic that the first generation often complained about those who had access to a published book (Shon Harris' 1st Edition) and how it changed everything. Now there is so much material its difficult for me to fathom anyone not being able to pass the exam. Assuming at least an average intelligence and the ability to learn over time. Making this exam no more difficult, if not easier than most as the information has been pre-digested for you. Pablum if you will. I can point you to any number of much more difficult exams that people pass with normal/average intelligence levels.

Can you point some exams out to me, my normal/average intelligence level can't comprehend as much as you.
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Super congrats!!!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown