Options

Anyone ever worked, or is working for Epic Crop. in Madison, WI?

hellolinhellolin Member Posts: 107
Wonder if anyone on the forum works for Epic corp. in WI, the health care software giant. I received an invitation to go for an onsite interview though my university's job board, the job is for windows systems integration engineering-client systems position, from the look of it I will be doing a role that's quite like a MSP role where I help out their clients work on the epic software and the training includes all kind of emerging technologies such as windows server and virtual servers.
Question is that I heard the company do pay very well for entry level position, but the hours are very long and it is very fast paced. Anyone here who have worked for them or is working for them right now? How bad is the hours compare to how much you are getting paid to do all the work?

Comments

• Options
    XavorXavor Member Posts: 161
    I don't have firsthand experience with them. My cousin's husband has worked for them for around 8 years and he doesn't have anything bad to say about his experience and he's treated well.

If you're looking to get into healthcare-base IT take the leap as it has a decent market share. I hear their campus is Google-like with a cafeteria and other amenities.

I saw on Glassdoor reviews that said there were long hours depending on what business unit you were attached to.
  • Options
    hellolinhellolin Member Posts: 107
    going to get a tour and 2 interviews around their campus next week, might not be that bad to work long hours and learn a lot during my first couple of years in IT, hey they pay well and all trainnings are paid for, might as well.