CISA Exam Review test

acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,

to the ones who passed CISA, how much percent to you think the questions in the review test software were similar to the actual exam?

thanks

Comments

• Dark TheliDark Theli Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would say like 2% or less. The practice questions only help to understand ISACA´s logic. Exam questions are completely different. CRM+review questions are your best friends. Since you got CISSP I do not think domain five would be an issue for you.
  • EXPL01TUSEXPL01TUS Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The ISACA question database is all I used to pass the exam in the top 5% of my peers.

Yes, 99% of the questions are DIFFERENT on the exam (obviously icon_rolleyes.gif), but they are structured and presented exactly the same. I went through all 1,200+ questions and did some Googling every now and then when I'd consistently get particular topics incorrect (like differentiating the best scenarios to apply various DRP/BCP testing types).

After each answer, I would also make sure to read each of the distractors and why they were wrong (or why I got a question wrong). Understanding what is being SOUGHT by the questions as opposed to responding based on your real-world experience is truly key to annihilating the exam, and that's exactly the skill that studying the question database provides.

Strictly in terms of 'practice questions,' there is absolutely no reason to go anywhere else besides the official ISACA question database and software. My only gripe (which isn't much of one) is that the question database contained a fair number of moderately technical questions, and I had hoped/planned for a lot more technical questions on the exam. It turned out that there were almost no moderately technical questions on my exam; however, I would imagine the mileage varies with each session.