Options

Are there still jobs for PC Repair/Support ?

aschw3323aschw3323 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I am currently going to a community college for a degree in Network Administration and I hopefully will be done with it in May. I have also completed two internships: One at a School District and the other at a computer repair shop. I also and getting ready to take my A+ Certification but I may wait until my classes are done so I can focus solely on the exam.

I would like to work as a PC Support Technician doing things like: Fixing Desktops and Laptops, Virus Removal, Testing and Cloning Hard Drives, Data Transfers, Windows OS Installs, Printer Repairs, SOHO Routers (Linksys and Cisco) and some Windows Server work such as Active Directory.

Are there still jobs doing this ?

Also, I am trying to figure out how many IT Jobs the hospital in my town has. During the Night Shift do they have as many people working as during the day? I figured the Network Engineer and IT Directors go home. But do they have Admin positions at night ?

Comments

• Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yes, there are. You could also find a help desk or desktop support (entry level) at many businesses. Work your way up from there.

Good luck on the A+!
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Most likely there will always be a need for someone to lend these kinds of services. The more "user friendly" the technology becomes the more complex it needs to be under the hood and at some point somebody needs to put their hands on a device to fix it.