Options

WGU added new class

2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
i only had 10 class left and now i have 14. can they change my curriculum just like that? is there anything i can do to go back to my old curriculum?

Comments

• Options
    nsternster Member Posts: 231
    yes, talk to your mentor and report back
  • Options
    i did last week and he lied to me and said, no classes will be added to your curriculum. we will only replace the MS VB class with python and i was fine with that but i logged in today and they added 5 new classes..including java classes
  • Options
    I suggest you say there is a bug in the system that added the wrong classes then, it might actually be the case

EDIT: to your mentor. See if he can help
  • Options
    i emailed him already.. will call him on Monday for sure
  • Options
    keep us posted!
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Escalate this issue if necessary. Call Student Services and ask for a supervisor or manager. Go up the chain. Adding 4 classes to your curriculum without your permission is unacceptable. During my bachelor's program they gave me the choice of staying with the old program or moving to the new one.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, if your mentor doesn't do anything send the issue up the chain. I've heard quite a few people have had classes and CU's added to their degree plan. It seems that the recent changes they've made haven't been going so well.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    As others had stated, escalate above your Mentor. FWIW here is from the student handbook:

Changes to Curriculum
    WGU publishes an Institutional Catalogue, which describes the academic requirements of each
    degree program. Although students are required to complete the program version current at the
    time of their enrollment, WGU may modify requirements and course offerings within that version
    of the program to maintain the currency and relevance of WGU’s competencies and programs.
    As these changes are implemented, WGU will ensure that the length of the student’s degree
    program (i.e., total competency unit requirements) will not increase and that competency units
    already earned will be applied to the updated program version.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11