Options

Cookie message placement to comply with EU rules

yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm using the Blogger platform to create a professional site. By default Blogger shows a message of the use of cookies at the top of the site, on that Blogger panel. But I want to get rid of this panel as it doesn't look professional.

I know there are third-parties like cookie-script which provides solution to this, but I don't want to rely on third-parties either. So my idea was to just add a little html text which will be always present. I thought to place it at the bottom of the site, below the post.

Now my question is, that complies with the rules even if the message is not seen at plain sight? The message is in the front page, but depending on the post length, it may or may not be shown without scrolling down.

Or another solution would be, do you know how to get rid of all cookies? I've seen sites powered by Blogger which doesn't use any cookie, but I can't find information about how to do so.

Comments

• Options
    yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mmm accidentally I managed to get rid of Google Analytics cookies xD

By default I don't know which profile it's using, but if you create a new profile on Google Analytics, add the ID to Blogger and then delete the profile, all cookies are gone xD It doesn't return to the default profile.