Options

Another Accelerated WGU Thread - 71 CU / 20 Classes in 1 Term (6 Months)

Justin WeeksJustin Weeks Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,
Long time lurker on here and I was inspired by all of the other accelerated WGU Threads. This thread will be used to keep me accountable and to inspire others to complete their degree as best and fast as possible. Before I start I wanted to make sure what I'm about to do is feasible. I transferred in 51CU from previous school work/certifications and am looking to knock out the remaining 71CU in one term. Is it possible? I have included what I need to complete below.

What I need to complete:
Education Without Boundaries Orientation - ORA1 P
Introduction to IT - C182 O
Elements of Effective Communication - C132 PO
Critical Thinking and Logic - C168 OP
Introduction to Probability and Statistics - C459 O
Network and Security - Applications - C178 O
Scripting and Programming - Foundations - C173 O
Scripting and Programming - Applications - C169 OP
Data Management - Foundations - C175 O
Data Management - Applications - C170 PO
Interconnecting Network Devices - C247 O
Web Development Fundamentals - C376 PO
Business of IT - Project Management - C176 O
English Composition II - C456 P
IT Capstone Written Project - C436 P
Organizational Behavior and Leadership - C484 O
Principles of Management - C483 O
Business of IT - Applications - C179 O
Designing Customized Security - C299 O
Technical Writing - C435 P

Comments

• Options
    GSXR750K2GSXR750K2 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is possible, it all comes down to time available and your devotion to the goal. Check with your mentor about what classes satisfy some lower level classes, for example, C169 will satisfy C173 also (two classes for the work of one). You can bypass some classes all together with that approach. Let your mentor know the pace you want to set up front.

Also, don't wait on TaskStream to return something, you can submit work for multiple classes at the same time (if enrolled in them at the same time). If you're able to pick a topic that can apply to C132, C456, C435, and C436 you'll be getting some return on investment on that as well...as you complete each course you'll have more and more references and info for the next course. C176, C483, and C484 all play off of and relate to each other, so you should be able to knock them out in succession.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Anything is possible, but it's a ton of work. No idea on your background, learning style, test taking ability, etc. Do the best you can but don't make your only measure of success 71 credits in one term.
  • Options
    nsternster Member Posts: 231
    I don't think 71 CU in one term is feasible for most people. If you have lots of work experience, will be committed to this full time (or have lots of free time), and you are a spectacular learner, then yes, in that case it's feasible, otherwise, I would advise splitting that into 2 terms.

Even in 2 terms it can be difficult to do all that
  • Options
    Justin WeeksJustin Weeks Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GSXR750K2: Thank you for those tips! I'm definitely going to be using them.

Danielm7: Thank you for the encouragement. I definitely won't measure my success that way. This is something I've been wanting to finish for a while.

nster: Thank you. I'm not going to disappointing myself if it goes into two terms but, I'm definitely going to try to do it in one.

So... Here is goes, April 1st start date. I'm either going to fail at the goal (and still be massively ahead) or succeed (and be massively ahead?)
  • Options
    kreeblerkreebler Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GSXR750K2 wrote: »
    Check with your mentor about what classes satisfy some lower level classes, for example, C169 will satisfy C173 also (two classes for the work of one). You can bypass some classes all together with that approach.

GREAT tip!! I'm sure there are other opportunities for similar leap-frogging, but how do we identify them? I will bring this up on my next mentor call, but it would probably be helpful to be able to list as many specific examples as possible.

-Kree
  • Options
    IrritablePenguinIrritablePenguin Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kreebler,

Did your mentor confirm that C169 satisfies the C173 requirement?
  • Options
    NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Justin..... Update!!
    O
    /|\
    / \