Options

Junosphere

up2thetimeup2thetime Member Posts: 154
Hey Everyone,

Starting my Juniper studies and I think Junosphere might be the way to go. I was wondering which package I should sign up for. I checked out the link below, but the options seems very similar. I'm just going to be using it for certification work and trying various scenarios. Any advice would be appreciated.

Junosphere link:
https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_activity_info.aspx?id=5735

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Great to hear about you starting you Juniper studies, best of luck and let us know if you have any questions as you go.

As to your Junosphere question, the difference between the two options is that the Junosphere class room product will give you access to straight up Firefly Perimeter (vSRX) images, (at least I think it's vSRX, it might be vJX, but they essentially do the same thing). Whereas the Junosphere lab product will give you access to other VMs, such as Junos Space, but those extra/advanced VMs can chew up more than one VM slot.

So really, if you're just starting out I'd recommend going with the class room product, but select the lab product won't hurt either but it might be a little overwhelming with the options to select.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    up2thetimeup2thetime Member Posts: 154
    Thanks! That helps a lot. Looking forward to learning Juniper. So far I've been quite impressed with the OS. A lot of good material in the FastTrack pages as well!

Just trying to understand the concept of Sandboxes, Bank Administrators, and Banks. Does the concept of Bank Administrator not apply to regular individual users? It says a bank is a container of sandboxes. My understanding is that regular users use sandboxes as workspaces. Are these sandboxes considered files? I'm struggling to understand what this means and the YouTube videos confused me a bit. Here is what the site says:

Junosphere has two types of users: bank administrators and users. Users have access to Junosphere topologies and the virtualization environment. Bank administrators are users with additional privileges of adding more users, assigning users to resources, and dividing capacity among users.
    Junosphere stores the virtual machine units capacity (the number of virtual machine units times the number of days) to use the network in banks and sandboxes. Think of a bank as a container of sandboxes. The capacity held by banks is divided into sandboxes, or work areas, where specified users can reserve time to use the cloud.