Options

Learning Center Necessary!?

tht1234tht1234 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I really need some advice. I am a few semesters away from completing a bachelors in technology so I have taken courses like network essential and security essentials. Very broad courses on IT. And truthfully I have just studied to pass the tests(no hands on learning yet).

I want to start getting certs to add to my resume. So Im going to start off with A+. My question is what do you guys recommend. Should I pay 2500 for a learning center that will get me ready for it? Thats a big stretch for me since Im already in debt for the bachelors degree.

Or is it possible to just get a book and do other things like practice tests which will be much cheaper. And so do you think I will be able to pass it without hands on?

I have the plan of A+, network +, security + and then either CCNA or HIT.
So which of these would a learning center not be necessary? And which may if I have intermediate knowledge and no real world experience!?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    rj1790rj1790 Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Most of the users on here self study. For the CompTIA exams users usually grab a book or two, watch Professor Messers YouTube videos, and practice exams.
    WGU: Network Operations and Security - COMPLETED
    Current Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA R+S, and CCNA Security, CCDA