Options

[Practice Question] Which 3 functions are performed by intermediary network devices..

FreddyIWFreddyIW Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I want to ask about this question I got in my Networking Academy course :D.

Red
color = correct answers

A host is accessing a Web server on a remote network. Which three functions are performed by intermediary network devices during this conversation? (Choose three.)
  • regenerating data signals
  • acting as a client or a server
  • providing a channel over which messages travel
  • applying security settings to control the flow of data
  • notifying other devices when errors occur
  • serving as the source or destination of the messages

Why isn't the 3rd choice "providing a channel over which messages travel" the correct answer ?
And in the 4th choice, which security settings that control the flow of data ?

Comments

• Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Security settings could be access control lists (ACLs), among other things. Regarding the 3rd option, a channel over which messages travel seems to me to point towards the actual transport layer - copper and fiber cables - as opposed to a "network device".
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    Security settings could be access control lists (ACLs), among other things. Regarding the 3rd option, a channel over which messages travel seems to me to point towards the actual transport layer - copper and fiber cables - as opposed to a "network device".

+1

Agree "providing a channel over which messages travel" would be more related to the connectivity rather than the device/hop
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • Options
    FreddyIWFreddyIW Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dave0212 wrote: »
    +1

Agree "providing a channel over which messages travel" would be more related to the connectivity rather than the device/hop

Oh yeah that makes sense icon_thumright.gif. And you mean physical layer right.
    Thanks =)
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    D'oh! Physical layer.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Aftereffector is correct, the channel would be a phyiscal layer technology eg: Copper, Fibre, Wireless.

The security settings could be an ACL or Zone Based Firewall.

I remember a question like this when first starting my CCNA studies and it can throw you at 1st.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]