Options

Now studying for CCENT!

ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
Running a week late, but today I start studying for my CCENT. I had a ton of study materials to use, but settled on CBT Nuggets, Todd Lammle's book and as many labs as I can get my hands on. I have allowed myself 10 weeks of study time, 2hrs a night M-F and 1 hr on Sunday. I plan on using Boson for practice exams. The nice thing is that my job will reimburse me for my study materials and exam. I get up to $2500.00 a year, so I plan of taking advantage of that as much as I can.

Projected Exam Day: May 30th
2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!

Comments

• Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm right there with you!
    I've been stuck on the first part of chapter 2 because it's confusing the hell out of me (I'm on the ethernet frame right now).

Todds explanation of the MAC address has me confused so I skipped over it with the following assumption (and I will have to go back to it later but I don't want 1 piece holding me back) : The first 24 bits is the manufacturer ID (such as HP, Gateway and whatnot) and the last 24 bits is assigned uniquely per NIC. That's how my teacher explained it a couple years ago so for now I will stick to that lol.