Options

Annual Salary Increase

Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
How much in percentage do you get in your annual increase and what is the acceptable/fair rate should you get?

Does the annual increase come as an incentive or is it a must to get an annual increase?

You are welcome to share your knowledge.

Comments

• Options
    ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    When you get your annual salary increase, make sure that, at the very minimum your "raise" keeps pace with inflation. The average inflation at this time is between 1.7 - 3.4
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • Options
    MutataMutata Member Posts: 176
    From my experience standard has been cost of living. Anything above that has been pointed out as the company doing well, my performance is exceptional etc.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My increase was 5%, not bad icon_smile.gif
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    We've been doing infllation only for the last few years, due to concerns with sequestration (the "joys" of working for a defense contractor)
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I found out my company's annual increases are not less than 3% and no more than 6% if you get a "meets" on your annual review. That's pretty good for where I'm at now in salary.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    I automatically get a 1% raise (used to be 3) for COL purposes (no matter what). We get raises each year till a certain level then its every two / three years.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Depends a lot on the company and what kind of financial shape they are in.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have not gotten a raise since 3 years working here. I think we got a 2% incentive (cost of living) since moving to a different location. A little underappreciated I think
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Say in the company you work for they tell you that your annual increase will be an amount of $1000 and then it gets reduced to $500 for some reason, is this fair enough for you?
  • Options
    Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    I must have sucked on the job last year because all I got was 2.68. Don't think I've ever had lower than 3%