Options

Offered a job.. salary questions ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Itrimble wrote: »
    Well, the company offered me the job!! They accepted my salary (basically double what I was making) which is fantastic, and that doesn't even include my bonuses. I will be getting lots of improve benefits, more vacation, and they also offer tuition reimbursement. I'm super excited, and wanted to thank everyone on the site for the encouragement, and valuable insight I have received!

All I did was emulate the people who I saw were successful on this board. I looked at their trajectory, what certs to go for, and more importantly, how I could add value.

Once again, a big thanks to all. I hope to double my salary again in 2 more years!
    Well done and congratulations!
    I understand not everyone wants to provide their personal salary information to the hiring managers or the recruiters, but the fact still remains that ultimately you are the one that makes the offer, not the other way around. What I mean by that is that if your salary requirements is at 90k and the company doesn't feel comfortable with that, you really do not have to accept something less if you are not comfortable with less than 90k.
    Itrimble has just proven that example, put your requirement in, and stick with it, if they do not accept, you move on just as they would move on.
  • Options
    tysmith007@gmail.comtysmith007@gmail.com Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They can pull past salary i've been told by some HR reps...however I would just do a thorough salary research on the position and compare it to your actual skillset. The after getting a valid number for that position I would put the question back on them and ask what the salary range is that they are offering for that position.

If you can find out another way IE linkedin premium even better...then give them a number somewhere in the range and based on your honest self assessment. I've been asked many times by potential employers about salary numbers at previous jobs. Its not an issue to me personally IMO as Ive gone up progressively through the years as ive gotten better positions and more knowledge. I always mention that during that convo and make sure to highlight the fact that now I have more knowledge, experience, certs etc so I am worth more than my previous salary...they usually don't have any valid retorts for that and will play nice when you phrase it in that way.
  • Options
    shawn488shawn488 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I really don't care about providing current salary. I provide current salary and I tell them a range I'm looking for. This combo usually weeds out the jobs that can't match my minimum. I haven't had an issue using this formula yet.
  • Options
    bgold87bgold87 Member Posts: 112
    I've never had anyone be able to see past W2's, I don't think that's possible.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I never heard of such a 'questionaire'!icon_silent.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....