Options

Interview practice idea

wtrwlkrwtrwlkr Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey everyone. Its been a couple of weeks since I joined and I enjoy this community immensely. Just lurking over the different topics here taught me a lot about salary negotiating, resume writing, etc, so thanks all for that.

I would like to, if I may, make a suggestion.

That people with direct experience interviewing applicants and a love for their community volunteer to conduct mock interviews for people with real interviews coming up, or simply want to brush up on their experience.

I imagine it working like this: say I have an interview for a Network Admin position coming up. I post the job description and my resume and someone with experience interviewing candidates for that type of position privately exchange their contact details and set up a mock interview. For those unwilling to give up their legit contact details, use a throwaway google voice number or Skype ID.

Forgive me if this sort of thing is already in place, and feel free to tell me how stupid of an idea this is if you think so. I think, however, that this would provide candidates with great experience. Who knows, if your company actually HAS a position open, you could very well fill it with someone from the forum you did a mock interview for. Let me know what you guys think!

Comments

• Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The problem is that every interviewer is different and they'll ask different questions. I prefer to ask "How does X work?" type questions. That won't help you if the actual interviewer asks "How do you do X?" questions.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman