Accepted New Position

gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just wanted to show my appreciation to those that have shared insight and advice on their career advancement. I believe it has benefited me greatly.

I have accepted a new position as a Systems Engineer in a nearby city and am excited to tackle the challenges that await.

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Congrats on the position. I'm just curious why some of these positions have the title 'engineer' in them. I always assume that they mean someone with a degree in an engineering field, and who actually have the engineer's ring. Anyone care to explain?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Love to see success stories here. Congrats!
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations and hopefully you'll learn a lot to further advance your career.

I often see system engineering as planning and implementing servers and workstations, network engineering planning and implementing networks. Opposed to administration where you are typically managing the system or network.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your new position! I am sure you are going to do an awesome job.