Options

Okay, what all can you folks tell me about....

MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
These Raspberry Pi computers, I have been looking around and am intrigued by this little things, but I don't know much about them. What are you using them for, how are you storing things that are on them, etc.

I have heard them mentioned on here, but just don't know enough about them to make a choice to pull the trigger.
Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.

Comments

• Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have heard of a variety of uses for them. I know of a few people using them as Kali/BT5 mini-computers. Some people use them for media streamers. I've thought about getting one just to tinker with it.
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    The project was initially started to provide a low cost computer to students so that they could learn a programming language. I've heard the intention was for students to learn Python initially. The idea took off once people saw they could program the little boards to do anything and they were dirt cheap, starting at $15 I think when they first came out. People have used them to create a grocery list database, create remote controlled flying "drones", etc. They have a very active community on the Rasberry Pi forums.

Sources:

About us | Raspberry Pi

Community | Raspberry Pi