Options

Jobs Overseas

IggI_SupremeIggI_Supreme Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I am almost done with my military contract with the Untied States Marine Corps where i served 4 years as a System Administrator. I am in Japan at the moment and interested in seeking employment overseas in stead of the states. My current certs include Net + and Sec+. I am working on my CCNET and CCNA R/S i am wondering if there are any more certs or skills i should obtain before departing the military in order to boost my chances of being employed by an Overseas company?

Comments

• Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you want to work for a foreign-owned company, a US-owned company in a foreign location, or a US Government posting in a foreign location? Those are the three options as I see them and they are quite different as far as the path that you would want to take to get there. Foreign-owned companies are probably going to want language skill and depending on your chosen country, might be difficult to break into (Scandinavia, for instance, or Korea if you aren't looking for a teaching job). Working for a US-owned company overseas is a nut I haven't cracked yet but you should be able to either apply for an overseas job directly or transfer from inside the company. And finally, finding work as a federal employee or as a contractor supporting USG/DoD (Excelis, ManTech, BAE, GDIT, etc) can be quite easy if you want to work in Kuwait, or quite difficult if you want to work in France!
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    As far as company I don't mind I am more interested in working overseas than the company I work for.
  • Options
    anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    For Networking jobs: CCNA and higher.
    For System Administrator jobs: MCSA and higher.

There should be some contracting companies such as BAE, General Dynamics, Excellis, etc...that have contracts overseas.
  • Options
    seigexseigex Member Posts: 105
    Where abouts in Japan? I spent 2 years in Okinawa (Army).
  • Options
    in Okinawa as well