Options

Podcast Interviews

philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
TechExams! I am going to start interviewing SME's around technology for my podcasts if you know your stuff and you'd like to spread your brand please pm me and we can discuss!

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This sound great. I'd like to discuss project management if at all possible.
  • Options
    Sure send me an PM and I will set it up, I will do it via skype and store it on my Blog. The first few times may be a little weird as I get the format solid.
  • Options
    Perfect sounds great. Of course we can break it down into manageable size pieces. Communication Management would be the most valuable imo.
  • Options
    That and scope/expectation management...
  • Options
    Expectation would role up under communication, scope management is a fairy tale in IT. Requirements always change and going through some crazy change management process is not real world.

Of course I am speaking from real world experience and not a PMP text book. Hence why I find agile methodologies much more useful and interesting.

Scope management is more important in high dollar capital projects. The projects I manage are usually new AR modules added on to our portal or database integration from two different RDBMS.

In fact (sort of off topic) we are migrating our Data warehouse from a conventional RDBMS to SAP HANA or HADOOP. Should be interesting.
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Can we talk about why people use ellipses...my boss does it too and it grinds my gears but I can't ask him, so I'm asking you...it feels so passive aggressive don't you think...I feel like he's always mad at me or something...
  • Options
    Hurricane I always assumed you use those for unfinished thoughts / omitting information.
  • Options
    Can we talk about why people use ellipses...my boss does it too and it grinds my gears but I can't ask him, so I'm asking you...it feels so passive aggressive don't you think...I feel like he's always mad at me or something...

I look at it like one of those great create the story books, if Phil uses .... jump to page 50 if he uses .. jump to page 45. My usage of ellipses allows you to add your own thoughts to the journey.... If I simply talked in clearly punctuated sentences their would be no mystery. It's much more fun to leave you hanging... What else does Phil mean? What could he really be saying??? Who knows...
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    N2IT wrote: »
    Hurricane I always assumed you use those for unfinished thoughts / omitting information.

I'm just curious to find out if it's something that comes with age or what.

Example of e-mail from last week: Thanks "my name". I’ll review…

Like, the vibe I get is that "I don't care, I'm busy, yes I told you to get it done but when I get a chance I'll look at the damn thing" but I could be totally off here!
  • Options
    I'm 33 so I'm not sure what age has to do with it. I think it's just a way of saying, stay tuned more to come....