Options

Passed JNCIA JNO-102

praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed with 89. I was surprised the passing score was so low - the number is below 70.

I went through the Juniper online videos for Networking. I went through the two PDF's. Also watched CBT Nuggets. If you already have networking experience; ie CCNA/NP; then some parts will be easy for you.

If you don't have experience with Juniper or can't get hands on experience with Juniper device; concentrate your efforts on the 2nd PDF. I had/have access to a SRX220.

Junos OS is definitely a challege compared to Cisco IOS.

Comments

• Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Congrats on the pass and thanks for the feedback on the exam. What's your next certification move?
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    From a Juniper standpoint; I want to work with the SRX220 and get comfortable with JUNOS OS. I'm hoping with the JNCIA and some labbing with the SRX220; I can show employers exposure to Juniper if/when I decide to move from my current position.

I'm actually debating between Linux+ and Security+. My end goal is getting my CISSP by end of 2015.

Also; the JUNOS Genius App was 100% helpful as well. Other vendors should look into providing this to potential certification candidates.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    You got some good goals there and it sounds like you have some great motivation as well.

If you're interested in Security might I recommend checking out the Junos Security track. Since you've passed the JNCIA-JUNOS you can now take the JNCIS-SEC exam. And since you already have access to an SRX device, you would be ready to get started right away.

Also, there's quiet a bit of material in the fast track program for the JNCIS-SEC, plus a voucher when you pass the pre assessment exam.

https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_fasttrack_home.aspx

Plus I believe that the Junos Genius app also has content that covers the JNCIS-SEC material.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I reviewed the security track in fast track last night. Looks appealing and has sparked some interest.
  • Options
    ccie14023ccie14023 Member Posts: 183
    Congrats. As someone with two CCIEs and years of experience on Cisco, including 2 years at TAC, I found the transition to Junos hard as well. For the most part I don't think it is a degree of difficulty so much as a different way of thinking. Once you get the hang of it, it's really not that much harder. Of course, the best way to get the hang of it is experience, experience, experience. Having worked in Junos for a few years now, I mostly prefer it. I would say Cisco has better documentation, and that's also part of why Junos can be a challenge.

But hey, the more challenging, the more a skill boosts your resume. Keep going!
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□