Options

Question regarding passing score

InfamouzInfamouz Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can I obtain the CCNA 1 diploma if I had a 70 score on Hands on skills exam but overall the course score is over 90 ??

Comments

• Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Maybe depending on the questions you had for those exams, but if I were in your shoes, I would go two routes, depending on your goals for WHEN you want to obtain it.

1. I don't recommend this, but take a stab at it, get the feel for it and see what you need to do in terms of what they are looking for and in your report. Who knows, you might pass.

2. Whatever you are having problems with as far as the hands on skills, I would go back and practice until that score is at least a 90.

I would choose number 2. It's ultimately up to you.
  • Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you getting these scores from a final exam given by a school from a certain course?
  • Options
    InfamouzInfamouz Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes. The tests were taken thorugh netacad.com platform. The partial and final exams were taken from the academy under their supervision and I passed them both with 85 respective 96,4 . "The Hands on skills exam" is a rubric ..not an exam per se but the instructor's score of your participation in the course, and I skipped some classes and not being very active so he give me 70 . The overall score of this course is 94 and I have the check mark symbol " ✓ " in the front of "Instructor Use Only Assign Student Pass Status" . I applied for diploma but I'm not 100 % sure I'm eligible because I have this doubt with the score from Hands on skills.
  • Options
    crazboy84crazboy84 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took a similar class in college that used netacad, the hands on stuff is generally instructor generated and from my experience not what you will see on the test. LOL please tell me you took this at northlake college in irving texas....

also a note: the certificate they give you for completing the class isnt worth the paper its written on. if you put that on your resume you would probobly be laughed at. The only thing you need to worry about as far as the grade they give you is if it is for college credits. otherwise that grade is completely pointless the only thing that matters is what you score on your CCNA exam.

My general rule of thumb with any cert test is to be able to regularly get 90s on practice exams, and with cisco know your subnetting and simulations inside and out.