Options

Return of the ghost of Shon Harris

riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
Yesterday I was sleeping calmly after passing the CISSP. I was really exhausted b/c of tiring exam. In my unconscious dream, I was trying to unlearn the knowledge that I crammed over two weeks. Classes of Fire, Common Criteria, Door Classification, CCTV classes, ISO Standard#, NIST Standard#, DDR, SDRAM etc. so that there will be room for future and upcoming exams.

Short Term Memory: It is of less capacity and you can feed information in quick time R/W time is low. But it is temporary and information will be forgotten. We use it to put stuff we cram before exam.
Long Term Memory: Big capacity but you need more effort to put stuff there i.e R/W time is high. Like real life experience, your mistakes at work etc. The knowledge you can gained over the period of time. You cannot cram the knowledge in it.

Back to my unconscious dream:
Suddenly I heard filler voices (hmm..... hmm.. hmm... ) in my head. That sound very familiar in fact it exactly sounded like Shon Harris (RIP) voice. Then I saw her shadow and silhouette. Initially I was scared but then we started the conversation after chit chat.
Shon: "Do not unlearn the knowledge you gained from CISSP exam".
Me: "What the point in remembering fire code, gate standards, lighting requirements, common criteria etc."
Shon: "Do not ask questions if you do not know the answer.

Shon: "Behold, 14th April 2015 is coming. They are changing the domain. Adding security assessment and testing as separate chapter & mixing Law/Ethichs with Security Operations".
Me: "I saw many questions on security and pen testing. Glad those were experimental questions.

Me: "I have a question, who will update your book i.e. who will be the heir of AIO throne?
Shon: "The one who can explain concept of RAM/ROM at least in 100 pages. And the one who can write 7th edition at least in 2000 pages."

Me: 'You know, how many trees are cut to publish your book. How many bytes your book take to be stored on memory. Why it need to be so big and huge. Amazon forests are in grave danger."
Shon: "Do not ask questions if you do not know the answer.

Me: "Have you met Rita (RIP) . If you are the mother of ISC2 then Rita is the mother of PMP".
Shon: "Yes, we are best friend. I have differences with her, she wrote very short books 500 pages only. You forget Mr. Tipton. He was the founder & father of ISC2. We were never good friend. He was in navy, I was in air force. However his Information Security Management book series over 2000 pages were my initial inspiration."

Me:"What is your advice to those still preparing for CISSP"
Shon: "They should appear before CBK changes i.e. before 14 April 2015 mid night. Otherwise there will be terrible consequences for them. They will be haunted by CISSP nightmare.

Me:"What is the difference between Rule based and role based access control"
She started given an hour long lecture during which I slept i.e. sleep within sleep (like inception).

Me:"Did you ever help someone in their CISSP exam".
Shon:"You will find that help will always be given at CISSP Exam to those who ask for it.

Next morning I woke up and found:
  • All the Shon Harris videos deleted from my laptop.
  • CISSP crammed knowledge was moved from short term memory to long term memory.
  • Received official email from ISC2 that I passed the exam.

RIP: SHON, RITA, TIPTON.

Comments

• Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    I had a wet dream about Shon Harris while preparing.

It was at that point that I knew I ready and scheduled the test.

RIP Shon.
  • Options
    GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Ya, after watching her videos... I felt like we were best friends. Her ugly outfits and her constant "you know.. I know everything" and "you know... nobody understands"... with that head tilt of hers.
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • Options
    @GForce75 you got it. She got the art of explaining simplest thing in longest duration. That's a rare gift. Keen to see who will write 7th edition or it will be the end of series.
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    WTF did I just read? Or is this just a CISSP thing that I wouldn't understand?
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,232 ■■■■■■■■■■

Understand you will not :)
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    riyan wrote: »
    @GForce75 you got it. She got the art of explaining simplest thing in longest duration. That's a rare gift. Keen to see who will write 7th edition or it will be the end of series.

Haha, you are very right. I actually got bored when I saw that guy talking... i was like... no way... it can't be this simple... on top of the fact that he needs to RUN... like everyday... TWICE ... for at least 4 hours... only on the hilly portions... at least with a 12% incline... in the mountains at least 36000 ft high ... with a weight vest... toe shoes... running in the rockiest area of rocks... with a Bane deprived oxygen mask... eating carb free bread... while doing P90x in-between breaks... doing Insanity while sleeping, and be on a water only diet.... and please buy him some new clothes :D
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Easily the best thread i've read on this forum in a long time. Bravo icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    PJ_Sneakers
    Wrote the thread on lighter note exclusively for those who will be appearing / are appearing / was already appeared in cissp exam.
    I apologize for wasting your time. If enough user complain about it then I will formerly request the moderator to delete the thread.
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The thread is in the CISSP forum. I'm the outsider here!
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Dude Riyan, Please get some much needed sleep....

......Then tell us more ;)
  • Options
    yemi123yemi123 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Really, Shon Harris 2015 edition?
  • Options
    rickberrrickberr Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @riyan nah, you should be fine since you were "spot on" regarding her lectures. The thought of "protocol wars" keeps popping into my head. Congratulations on the pass!
  • Options
    philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    It's gonna be like Michael Jackson we will still be getting Shon Harris All in One's released 10 years from now. I actually never got the pleasure of watching her videos.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,567 Mod
    wait..whaaat?
    mjsinhsv wrote: »
    I had a wet dream about Shon Harris while preparing.

It was at that point that I knew I ready and scheduled the test.

RIP Shon.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    riyan wrote: »
    PJ_Sneakers
    Wrote the thread on lighter note exclusively for those who will be appearing / are appearing / was already appeared in cissp exam.
    I apologize for wasting your time. If enough user complain about it then I will formerly request the moderator to delete the thread.

I am not preparing for CISSP but I really enjoyed the story :D - Thanks.
  • Options
    bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    philz1982 wrote: »
    It's gonna be like Michael Jackson we will still be getting Shon Harris All in One's released 10 years from now. I actually never got the pleasure of watching her videos.

Haha, like Tupac's Facebook page still going. Shon will still be updating her Facebook status for years to come.
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon
  • Options
    There is a new version 7th edition that can be ordered as box version with whopping 1400+ pages.
    https://www.amazon.com/CISSP-All-One-Guide-Seventh/dp/0071849270
    Co author: Fernando Maymí, Ph.D.,