Taking GISP as Prep for CISSP

justjenjustjen Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Taking the GISP this morning, as preparation for the CISSP exam on the 14th. I am doing the exam as closed book, with no notes to see how I do, although GIAC tests are geared for open book exams. Better to set the bar high, so I am ready for the real thing.

Went for breakfast this morning, to maintain a normal routine and stay calm. My regular place was closed 'for asset inventory', with a note to the employees to come back at 3:00 for their checks. Not a good way to start the day, but worse for them.

Hmmmm... At least there is always a Denny's open somewhere.

Comments

• aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck! Let us know how it went.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • justjenjustjen Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm done, now back home and coming down from a pure adrenaline high. LOL

I thought I finished in just over an hour, but I must have started earlier than my scheduled time, because my official results show 90 minutes as the completion time (of the 5 hours allowed by GIAC). Time flew by! I passed with a very comfortable margin, 91.6%. :)

I didn't feel ready for the GISP, and I still don't feel quite ready for the CISSP, but I seem to be doing well so far. From a long-time IT professional, it just seems like an odd exam, with incomplete information for decisions. Sometimes, that experience was the only thing guiding my answers - gut instinct.

My plan for the next 10 days is to take a few more practice exams (Elsevier Conrad and MH). I'm hoping this will be enough to cross the CISSP finish line successfully, because it has been exhausting to study for. LOL