Options

Anyone get hit by the Nyxem/Blackmal worm?

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
Anyone get zapped by this worm today? It was suppose to activate today (Feb 3rd) and overwrite specific files on computers it had infected, which was an estimated 700K machines worldwide. I was wondering if anyone here was hit.

http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?storyid=1067

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nope - all of my clients are clean as far as we can tell.

I did however have a lot of fun yesterday with CA EZ-Antivirus being deactivated on several clients machines. Apparently the updates CA posted overnight (2nd NZ time) were corrupted and turned off automatic protection. They appear to have recognised this and replaced the definition file however they used the same string number and that did not allow machines to fix themselves by downloading the newer version icon_rolleyes.gif
    The quick fix was to uninstall and reinstall. CA thought that when the next update came out it would automatically solve the issue but I have a problem with leaving my clients defenceless for the time it took for CA to sort the issue.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    none yet! lets keep it that way!
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I'm good so far!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We had none as well. :D
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Nope, but I did make quite a bit of cash working late into the hours on Thursday night verifying all my clients were secure.

I love media hype. Even the computer illiterate were asking to have me come by just to make sure.

Money well spent in their minds for peace of mind.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    matts5074matts5074 Member Posts: 148
    All 3 of mine here are clean. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    All clear here, nothing so far. :D:D I also heard of one being activated on the 14 feb. :D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    All of my clients are clean. I watched for unsuspected activity on all of my work stations. I must agree that the extra hours on Thursday was not bad. icon_lol.gif
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)