Options

Digi CM48 help

MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey I just bought a Digi CM 48 off ebay for my lab. I am trying to figure out how to bring up the consoles up on the console server. I have the manual, just trying to figure out the system.

1.)I have access the unit at the 192.168.161.5 page.
2.)Upgraded the firmware of the device to the newest version.
3.)Connected a straight thru cable from the console port on a Cisco 2600 and Cisco 2950 to the ports on the console server.
4.)Try to access the console through the serial connection page on the console server. Console ask for digi cm login and password and then a username and login. Then it says accessing the server ctrl-Z and then nothing happens. Does the same thing if I telnet to the digi cm and designate the port number I am trying to reach.
5.) I tried setting up telnet on the Cisco devices but no luck of it working on the console server.

Does anyone have any experience with the Digi CM 48?

I haave already checked out the thread here at
http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/75642-digi-cm32-console-server.html

Comments

• Options
    tycar86tycar86 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have the Digi CM32 - I assume it similar to the 48. Make sure your serial connection settings match on the Digi and your Cisco devices (9600-N-8-1). I telnet to the devices by port number. After logging in I get, "Entering server port, ..... type ^x for port menu." (I changed mine to ctrl+x). Then, I must hit enter to to get console output from my devices.

Here's an example of the serial port config from the Digi web UI...

Switch1
    CS
    Telnet
    9600-N-8-1-No

I assume if you connect a console cable into your Cisco devices from you PC it works fine? There really wasn't much I had to set up in the Digi to get it working. Just plugged in to the console ports and I could telnet to each device by port number.

Maybe try a couple different ports on the Digi.
  • Options
    MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I figured it out. It was very simple, I was not hitting enter after the Entering server port, ...... type ^z message.